Metal Type: Home | Library | Forum | Free Ads | Store

Kansas City Star

Started by Dave Hughes, March 13, 2008, 08:29:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Printle: A Printing Word Game from Metal Type

Dave Hughes

I found this image on the web, reportedly from the pressroom of the Kansas City Star. As a Brit I find it a little shocking.

Is this normal in the US, or is Kansas City a little unusual?
Printle: Word Puzzle for Printers Play Now

Keep in touch with Metal Type Get our newsletters

rag451

There are a lot of gun-free zones, like schools, and concealed handgun-prohibited areas in the US. I don't know how many Americans tote around firearms, but it is their right. I, for one, have never held or fired one... and I'm from Texas!
Robert Griffith
Burleson, Texas
www.burlesonlinotype.com
www.burlesonhistory.com

Steve Young

When working with PPI / Unisys I visited the KCStar in Missouri and yes it is true! Also while installing a system at the Victoria Advocate in Victoria, southern Texas there was a document posted onto the notice board from the local Sheriff warning anyone not to flash their head lights after dark at any car seen coming towards them with their lights turned off  ... it seems gangs from Houston were deliberately driving with their lights off -- and, if you flashed your lights at them (ostensibly to warn the driver his lights were off) -- they would turn around, come after you and spray your car with bullets. It seems it was an initiation ceremony to some of the gangs in the metropolis. The newspaper shared a carpark with the local church which was full of pickups and trucks from folk attending the service over the road. Each one had a steel gun cabinet fixed to the back ... the publisher of the Advocate told me that I was the first male adult he had ever met that didn't own or use a firearm.

Quick Reply

Name:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview

Printers' Tales - Over 30 stories from the pre-digital age. Buy now on Amazon/Apple Books

☛ Don't miss our illustrated newsletters. Click here to see examples and subscribe. ☚