Metal Type: Home | Library | Forum | Free Ads | Store

Victorline Linecaster

Started by Mechanic, May 24, 2009, 07:02:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Printle: A Printing Word Game from Metal Type

Mechanic

The Museum of The Printing Arts, Leipzig, has what they claim is a particular rarity, perhaps the only surviving example, the 'Victorline'.  The Victorline looks very much like a model 5 Linotype.

You can judge for yourself at:-

www.druckkunst-museum.de/Type_Composition/articles/machine-composition.html

If you click on 'COLLECTION' just below the main heading you can have a look at the various machines and equipment that they have in the museum
George Finn (Mechanic)
Gold Coast
Queensland
AUSTRALIA

Dave Hughes

I'd say it is a very rare machine. I did a google search for "victorline linecaster" and it just came up with one result, the one you linked to!

Here's the pic:

So, I presume that the nameplate on the front of the distributor says "Victorline" - which would account for its seeming extra length.
Printle: Word Puzzle for Printers Play Now

Keep in touch with Metal Type Get our newsletters

Maarten Renckens

The name plate is over here: https://linotype.wiki/pages/linotype_history_rebuilds.php#victorline, among with some others.

The problem with the rebuild Linotypes is that there isn't much research about them, nor documentation left.

Quick Reply

Name:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview

Printers' Tales - Over 30 stories from the pre-digital age. Buy now on Amazon/Apple Books

☛ Don't miss our illustrated newsletters. Click here to see examples and subscribe. ☚