Metal Type: Home | Library | Forum | Free Ads | Store

The Relaunch of the ATF Newsletter

Started by Val Lucas, February 22, 2024, 04:10:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Printle: A Printing Word Game from Metal Type

Val Lucas

Dear Typecasting Enthusiasts,

I'm excited to announce the relaunch of the American Typecasting Fellowship Newsletter this year. This valuable publication has helped me get started in my typecasting career, and I knew it had to continue.

After speaking with Rich Hopkins, the publisher since 1978, he and I decided that the best way to ensure its future was for me to take over the production of the newsletter. Rich will continue to contribute as Editor Emeritus, while I take on more of the labor of design and production.

I then asked Fritz Swanson and Sierra Brown to help me publish yearly issues beginning later this year.

The newsletter will be available for $25 per issue, mailed to US addresses ($33 for international addresses) and will feature articles related to all aspects of typecasting, type design, and its related history.

Find more information and pre-order Issue #46 at:
https://americantypecastingfellowship.org/

For the upcoming issue we are looking for articles about any aspect of typefounding, casting, and design- historical research, technical issues and solutions, personal stories, or questions.

If you would like to help us in any way, please send submissions, ideas, or queries to bowerbox@gmail.com

Happy casting,
-Val Lucas and the ATF Newsletter Publishing Committee

Quick Reply

Name:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview

Printers' Tales - Over 30 stories from the pre-digital age. Buy now on Amazon/Apple Books

☛ Don't miss our illustrated newsletters. Click here to see examples and subscribe. ☚