Metal Type: Home | Library | Forum | Free Ads | Store

Appeal to UK-based Letterpress Printers

Started by Bruce McDonald, April 18, 2024, 07:30:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Printle: A Printing Word Game from Metal Type

Bruce McDonald

My name is Bruce McDonald, a resident of Atlanta, Georgia, USA.

It has been 27 years since we last visited England. We are planning to spend three days in London and another 2 weeks 'traveling around' in May.

Might you tell us of some people/places we might talk to/see as regards to letterpress printing/hand set type/(perhaps monotype)??

We visited S&B and Mouldtype back 'in the day.'

Letterpress printing has been my hobby since I was 11 years old. After college, I went to work for a printer...all 4 and 6 color offset...linotypes...but soon after they bought 'early on' photocomposition machines.

After working for 'the other guys' for 14 years, I took a huge gamble (two kids and a home mortgage by then) and started my own firm. If I may so, we were successful. I sold the business in 2018.

Candidly, I 'messed up' a perfectly good hobby by working in the commercial business. Still, I letterpress print, do hand composition in an 'extra' room on my 8x12 C&P. I love it!!!

Enough about me.

If you have a print shop in the UK you think I might find interesting please get in touch, I would so appreciate it.

Cordially,
Bruce McDonald

oldmac@bellsouth.net

Dave Hughes

If anyone would like to invite Bruce round to their British print shop in May please post here, or contact Bruce directly by email (address at end of his post).
Printle: Word Puzzle for Printers Play Now

Keep in touch with Metal Type Get our newsletters

Quick Reply

Name:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview

Printers' Tales - Over 30 stories from the pre-digital age. Buy now on Amazon/Apple Books

☛ Don't miss our illustrated newsletters. Click here to see examples and subscribe. ☚