Arab Crown Folio - Hertfordshire, UK

Started by Dave Hughes, July 10, 2024, 07:06:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Printle: A Printing Word Game from Metal Type

Dave Hughes

View on eBay:
ARAB CROWN FOLIO 15" X 10" TREADLE PLATEN Letter Press And Cabinet*

Seller's description:

Fully restored in perfect working order.

including two chases, new rollers, new leather roller bearers, Parts list and paper work.

This beautifully restored Arab Crown Folio has been lovely restored and is all original apart from new rollers and trucks.

It's works perfectly and was an early model from the late 1800's. This is a real working timepiece and still prints like it did all that time ago.

As I own a modern printers I can tell you nothing prints like a letterpress and is a unique printing style in todays modern age of digital printing.

The press comes with a whole load of extras including two base relief plates one shallow and one deep. Comes with everything you need to start printing including inks, oil can, roller cleaner and much more.

The cabinet is stunning and very old comes with some wooden type and lead type. And loads of other bits and bobs.

This is perfect if you wanted to start a letterpress business or simply have as a massive statement piece in a design study or work factory.

The item is very very heavy and will require a van to be moved. I can help take the machine apart into sections but will still require an engine hoist to move which I do have on site.

Or I can provide a number of a chap that works on these machine and is the one that restored it. You can arrange with him and full removal and install service.

Any questions please feel free to ask. I am not taking offers on this item as it's priced very fairly for the work that has gone into it and all the extras that come with it.

Don't want to miss anything? Sign up to our newsletters and get these auction highlights, and more, delivered to your inbox. Our Newsletter Page has more details including examples of previous emails.

*When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Printle: Word Puzzle for Printers Play Now

Keep in touch with Metal Type Get our newsletters

Quick Reply

Name:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview

Printers' Tales - Over 30 stories from the pre-digital age. Buy now on Amazon/Apple Books

☛ Don't miss our illustrated newsletters. Click here to see examples and subscribe. ☚