Metal Type: Home | Library | Forum | Free Ads | Store

The Art of Hermann Zapf

Started by Mechanic, April 14, 2012, 04:25:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Printle: A Printing Word Game from Metal Type

Mechanic

"The Art of Hermann Zapf" was produced in 1967 at Hallmark Cards Inc.

I'm sure that many people interested in typefaces will be aware of the work of Hermann Zaph. I ran across this video on YouTube and as it has had very few views I thought it was worth posting. Toward the end of the video there is a view of the Linofilm tape reader and the nixie display tubes on the Linofilm keyboard.

You can learn more about Hermann Zapf on

http://www.identifont.com/show?14C

QuoteFrom his first typeface designed when he was just 20 years old (Gilgengart), through more than 200 others right up to the present day, Zapf's work has achieved an unmatched popular success, while maintaining an aesthetic level which has earned him praise from professionals throughout the world. Several of his most popular type designs, such as Palatino, Optima, ITC Zapf Chancery Italic, and , are resident on most home computers. Other fonts, such as Michelangelo, Zapf International, and Zapf Renaissance - among numerous others - are the mainstay of many of the finest graphic designers of today.

The art of Hermann Zapf

George Finn (Mechanic)
Gold Coast
Queensland
AUSTRALIA

Quick Reply

Name:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview

Printers' Tales - Over 30 stories from the pre-digital age. Buy now on Amazon/Apple Books

☛ Don't miss our illustrated newsletters. Click here to see examples and subscribe. ☚