Metal Type: Home | Library | Forum | Free Ads | Store

New poster...lowly position need rapid advancement!!!

Started by pjlueck, March 23, 2007, 12:06:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Printle: A Printing Word Game from Metal Type

pjlueck

Me again.  I just noticed that I am a "tea boy..."    :-\  Is there any way to get a promotion???  I owned a Chandler and Price 11 x 17 letterpress in the 60's!!  Surely my longevity...and early history merits me something more than "teaboy??"  How about "printer's devil??"  Three years after the purchase of the C & P, I ventured into the off-set business with a Multilith 1250 (very, very old...the kind of press that you couldn't turn your back on....ya know?).  That was fun..enabled me to do art work...Incidentally, this was all just a hobby...even back then.  I just loved printing!! (and still do!)

Anyway...if the moderator reads this..I DEMAND a promotion!!  Too much experience leaking out of these old hands!!

Dave Hughes

Hi welcome to the Metal Type forum pjlueck!

Sorry to hear about your disatisfaction with your lowly position. For your information Board Ranks are as follows:

Tea Boy
Ex-Tea Boy
Apprentice
Journeyman
Old Hand

I'm afraid your experience in both letterpress and litho has no bearing on your rank.

The only way to cheat the system is to bribe the Administrator. Please message me for details of the current rates!  ::)
Printle: Word Puzzle for Printers Play Now

Keep in touch with Metal Type Get our newsletters

intertypeman

Gosh - What an absolutely spiffingly splendid system!

I'd noticed it previously, but hadn't worked out what it was all about.

I suppose - I forgot to check before posting this reply - that I must be a Tea Boy, if that's the apprentice grade.

I think that it's a great honour to be allowed to be a teaboy on this site.

Tony

Quick Reply

Name:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview

Printers' Tales - Over 30 stories from the pre-digital age. Buy now on Amazon/Apple Books

☛ Don't miss our illustrated newsletters. Click here to see examples and subscribe. ☚