Metal Type: Home | Library | Forum | Free Ads | Store

Wrench inquiry

Started by Billy Hylor, August 04, 2022, 09:55:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Printle: A Printing Word Game from Metal Type

Billy Hylor

Hello there,
Can anybody explain the use of the wrench pictured on

Or, actually, I'm even more interested in the other end of the tool, the one with prongs, one of which is spring loaded. I have done quite some googling and also browsed many of the pdfs on this site.

Best regards, Billy

Dave Hughes

Hi Billy, and welcome to the Forum.

The spring-loaded prongs are used to remove the mould cap from the mould wheel.

The tool, which is included in the above illustration, is inserted into the holes marked 12.

The other end of the tool fits the nuts marked 7.
Printle: Word Puzzle for Printers Play Now

Keep in touch with Metal Type Get our newsletters

Billy Hylor

Many thanks, Dave! I wish I had asked earlier. /Billy

Quick Reply

Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview

Printers' Tales - Over 30 stories from the pre-digital age. Buy now on Amazon/Apple Books

☛ Don't miss our illustrated newsletters. Click here to see examples and subscribe. ☚