Metal Type: Home | Library | Forum | Free Ads | Store

Quality Type Listings - Kentucky, USA

Started by Dave Hughes, Yesterday at 08:55:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Printle: A Printing Word Game from Metal Type

Dave Hughes

View on eBay:
Cheltenham Bold Extra Condensed 36 point foundry type for letterpress printing*

The seller also has a couple of other lots of type for sale. See their OTHER ITEMS*

Seller's description:

Here is a face with a super confusing name: Cheltenham Bold Extra-Condensed in 36 point.  Caps, lower-case, figures, and punctuation.  For letterpress printing.  Includes standard f-ligatures.  Many foundries cast this face and I am not sure which cast this, but I do know it is hard foundry metal!

This will be securely packaged and shipped in a medium or large flat rate box.  Typically with very heavy fonts like this, I will ship it on a steel galley to protect the font during the journey to your print shop.

Cheltenham Bold was designed by Morris Benton of ATF in 1904 and the extra condensed was shown in 1906.

An entire family of faces was introduced through 1913, all based on the same motif. This resulted in the Cheltenham family being the first truly large metal font family.   

Thank you for looking!

Mike Moore
The Letterkraft Press
Independence KY

Don't want to miss anything? Sign up to our newsletters and get these auction highlights, and more, delivered to your inbox. Our Newsletter Page has more details including examples of previous emails.

*When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Printle: Word Puzzle for Printers Play Now

Keep in touch with Metal Type Get our newsletters

Quick Reply

Name:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview

Printers' Tales - Over 30 stories from the pre-digital age. Buy now on Amazon/Apple Books

☛ Don't miss our illustrated newsletters. Click here to see examples and subscribe. ☚