Metal Type: Home | Library | Forum | Free Ads | Store

Starting a Monotype support group

Started by John Cornelisse, October 31, 2014, 07:06:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Printle: A Printing Word Game from Metal Type

John Cornelisse

last 24-25 October there was a two day conference of the Association of European Printing Museum or AEPM in Mainz at the Gutenberg Museum.

There I did meet many people. Many of them have a Monotype supercaster or composition caster in the collection.

But many of them remain idle because the obvious complexity of these machines and the lack of experience with them.

I offered them to come to them, to restore their machines (if possible) and to instruct them to start casting with the machines.

The object is to built a group of dedicated monotype-users that are willing to share experience, knowledge, missing parts and all things needed to operate them.

At the moment there are already five or six places all over in Europe to be visited. Glasgow, Italy, Belgium, Germany, Poland, Sweden, (maybe France too) and of course three machines in Holland.

To accomplish this all in the coming year, I will need some planning.

Next year at the AEPM-conference in Italy I hope to present my experiences about this enterprise.

For anybody in this audience with an idle Monotype-caster that would like to participate in this project. Please let me know. A solution can sure be found.

John Cornelisse

Quick Reply

Name:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview

Printers' Tales - Over 30 stories from the pre-digital age. Buy now on Amazon/Apple Books

☛ Don't miss our illustrated newsletters. Click here to see examples and subscribe. ☚