Metal Type: Home | Library | Forum | Free Ads | Store

Appeal for Della Robbia font

Started by Dave Hughes, June 21, 2010, 10:37:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Printle: A Printing Word Game from Metal Type

Dave Hughes

David Webb (from the USA) recently approached Metal Type for an appeal for a font.

In David's own words:

"I am in the very early planning stages of a letterpress project, and am searching for a particular font: Della Robbia. The Museum of Printing History does not own this font, and so I am searching for anyone who has it and will let me use it for long enough to carry out the project. Compensation might be a copy of the book that I am planning to replicate in a very small edition fine art book: Two in Arcadia by Lucine Finch, a children's book published by Brentano in 1907.

"Della Robbia was designed by Thomas Maitland Cleland in 1902, and has a distinct Art Nouveau feel. I probably need 12 point, perhaps italic for a word or two, if that is an option."
Printle: Word Puzzle for Printers Play Now

Keep in touch with Metal Type Get our newsletters

parallel_imp

Go to skylinetype.com and you can order a font of 12 point Della Robbia roman, just offered. I don't know if Schuyler has italic mats as well.

Quick Reply

Name:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview

Printers' Tales - Over 30 stories from the pre-digital age. Buy now on Amazon/Apple Books

☛ Don't miss our illustrated newsletters. Click here to see examples and subscribe. ☚