Metal Type: Home | Library | Forum | Free Ads | Store

Staple Newspaper

Started by Mechanic, April 10, 2011, 12:19:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Printle: A Printing Word Game from Metal Type

Mechanic

The Gold Coast Bulletin, Queensland, is now stapling wraparound advertising sheets to the main news section of the paper. New to me. How it is done, I don't know. I can only guess that it is stapled when the paper is opened during the inserting process. I did read that their post press system is by the Swiss company Ferag.

Maybe someone with more knowledge than me can enlighten us.
George Finn (Mechanic)
Gold Coast
Queensland
AUSTRALIA

Mechanic

Having nothing better to do, not to say there is nothing else I should be doing , I did some research into this subject and found a report, dated November 2010, of a visit to Ferag's factory near Zurich Switzerland. The following is an extract from that report.

QuoteThis year is the launch of the new fold n´stitch, one of the more significant announcements, which allows a folding and stitching line to go on the end of a press inline operating at 40,000cph folding and stitching in one pass. Moeckli says fold n´stitch was developed in response from printer and publishers for such a solution, no need to take off the end of the press and process at the usual 8000 cph. It will enable a larger variety of products to be produced economically. Currently of course products are printed, stacked, fed to a gatherer stitcher at 8000 cph, packed, which means both labour and time are both high.

Fold n´stitch operates on a quarterfold line, and makes use of a new rotary stitching head, enabling the very high speeds. It requires no manual intervention when online, although it can be operated as an off line solutions.

If you want to read more:-  http://www.i-grafix.com/index.php/articles/articles/ferag-navigates-to-new-inline-fold-n-stitch.html

George Finn (Mechanic)
Gold Coast
Queensland
AUSTRALIA

Quick Reply

Name:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview

Printers' Tales - Over 30 stories from the pre-digital age. Buy now on Amazon/Apple Books

☛ Don't miss our illustrated newsletters. Click here to see examples and subscribe. ☚