Metal Type: Home | Library | Forum | Free Ads | Store

Linotype: The Film - Appeal for Donations

Started by Dave Hughes, August 11, 2011, 12:45:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Printle: A Printing Word Game from Metal Type

Dave Hughes

The people behind the "Linotype: The Film" project are making an appeal for donations.

There are various gifts available for various levels of donations.

Printle: Word Puzzle for Printers Play Now

Keep in touch with Metal Type Get our newsletters

tjtrower

'Tis kind of funny . . . Doug Wilson (the guy in the middle of the pack) called me just a couple of hours before the crew needed to show up and shoot this quick appeal; I didn't even have to get the machine hot for the shoot.  (This is actually a good thing, for we've been having temperatures in the 100s, and my shop is unairconditioned.)

I've gotten to see some of the rough footage, and personally can't wait to see the finished film.  In that my father was filmed running a Linotype for the last time -- recent health problems will preclude him sitting back down at the machine again -- Linotype: The Film will show footage of the end of his career.

If you are interested in helping with the post-production costs of the film, please do make a donation.  I've been around the crew enough to know that they've not pulled out a dime for themselves, and this certainly isn't the type of a project that is going to make a fortune for them (small or large).  The film is being produced due to a love of the Linotype.

Quick Reply

Name:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview

Printers' Tales - Over 30 stories from the pre-digital age. Buy now on Amazon/Apple Books

☛ Don't miss our illustrated newsletters. Click here to see examples and subscribe. ☚