Metal Type: Home | Library | Forum | Free Ads | Store

Re: David Lynch Lithography Film

Started by Dave Hughes, February 26, 2013, 01:14:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Printle: A Printing Word Game from Metal Type

Dave Hughes

Quote from: Dave Hughes on February 26, 2013, 01:01:44 PM
Film director David Lynch, of "Twin Peaks" fame, seems to be taking an interest in the printing process.

QuoteIdem Paris are a fine art printing studio in the Montparnasse. They have published a new short film about their processes, directed and shot by David Lynch. You won't be surprised that the soundtrack, mixed by Lynch's musical collaborator Big Dean Hurley, is all important.

IDEM PARIS by DAVID LYNCH

Describing the background of the film, Lynch said:
QuoteHervé Chandès from the Fondation Cartier brought me over to Idem and introduced me to Patrice Forest. I see this incredible place, and I get the opportunity to work there. And this was like a dream! It just opened up this brand-new world of the lithography and the magic of lithography, the magic of the stones. And it was a great, great thing! This thing of lithography, this channel of lithography opened up and a bunch of ideas came flowing out and it led to about a hundred lithographs. I will say that Idem printing studio has a unique, very special mood, and it is so conducive to creating. Patrice has the greatest attitude for all the artists and he creates this space of freedom and this joy of creating. It's so beautiful! And I think the place is very important—in other wors, the same stone could be moved to another place, and I think that the work that comes out would be different. It's a combination of the stone, the place, the people, this mood, and out comes these certain ideas.

Printle: Word Puzzle for Printers Play Now

Keep in touch with Metal Type Get our newsletters

Quick Reply

Name:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview

Printers' Tales - Over 30 stories from the pre-digital age. Buy now on Amazon/Apple Books

☛ Don't miss our illustrated newsletters. Click here to see examples and subscribe. ☚