Metal Type: Home | Library | Forum | Free Ads | Store

I seem to have blown my semi-retirement

Started by robfturner, September 21, 2006, 10:42:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Printle: A Printing Word Game from Metal Type

robfturner

At age 70, I still enjoy working part-time for a fully digital, start-of-the-art direct mail producer. For somewhat of a hobby, I let myself be talked into setting up an antique printing display at our local version of Williamsburg, Virginia; Heritage Village, Largo, Pinellas County, Florida, USA.

I have also been contacted by Dr. Richard Mathews, University of Tampa, concerning the rejuvenation of some hot metal equipment with the goal of breathing new life into The University of Tampa Press. This looks to be a lot of work and, the best part, a lot of fun. Who says retirement is boring?

For a peek at my new collection of toys:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/42444823@N00/?savedsettings=243796575#photo243796575

~ Bob Turner

Dan Williams

Outstanding.
Nice Vandercook and Pearl. I have only seen an Intertype C-SM with that SM configuration one other time.
Letterpress classes seem to draw a crowd these days and assuming the headletter cases are full and complete, that may be a fun thing to try.

SwissTypesetter

Hey, great! ... lots of work involved there!
I love especially the Pearl, never seen this model before.

This project seems to be worth investing some of your retirement time  :)

Regards, Andy

Quick Reply

Name:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview

Printers' Tales - Over 30 stories from the pre-digital age. Buy now on Amazon/Apple Books

☛ Don't miss our illustrated newsletters. Click here to see examples and subscribe. ☚