Metal Type: Home | Library | Forum | Free Ads | Store

Harrison's and Record Labels

Started by Dave Hughes, September 17, 2010, 10:35:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Printle: A Printing Word Game from Metal Type

Dave Hughes

I've recently been contacted by Alan Ould who is working on a book about The Beatles.

He originally found the site through this page:

Harrison & Sons 1950

The article has been on Metal Type for some years now, but if Ernest Bray is still visiting the site, or any others mentioned in the pic, maybe they could help Alan out!

QuoteI was very interested to see your photograph taken at Harrisons of Printing House Lane, Hayes from the early 1950's. I am trying to contact anyone who can throw some light on the process involved in setting the labels from Label Copy supplied by EMI. I am particularly interested in the type fonts used, point sizes, paper stock and any other bits of information. I am currently involved on a definitive Beatles Discography and of course Harrisons produced many of the labels used throughout the 1960's. If you can point me in the direction or alternatively pass my E Mail address to any of your associates, I would be most grateful.
Printle: Word Puzzle for Printers Play Now

Keep in touch with Metal Type Get our newsletters

Quick Reply

Name:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview

Printers' Tales - Over 30 stories from the pre-digital age. Buy now on Amazon/Apple Books

☛ Don't miss our illustrated newsletters. Click here to see examples and subscribe. ☚