Intertype Models F, G and H were introduced in 1936. They had four magazines and a double distributor.
The G4 4SM, with its additional four magazine side unit, was announced in 1938. It had two widths of main magazines: a 72-channel magazine for fonts up to 36 point, and a 90-channel for standard sized fonts.
The side magazines had smaller 34 channels that also held standard sized fonts. These gave the operator the ability to mix differing sizes and styles of type in one line.